As electric bikes gain popularity in the micromobility industry, more and more families are using them as a daily solution for transporting kids & cargo. Our team has been helping families roll for over 100 years, so when designing our line of electric bikes, it was crucial to keep families top of mind. The result? Two eBike accessories that make parenting easier. Learn more about our custom-designed Kid & Cargo Carrier and the Thule® Yepp Maxi Seat.
- Best Accessory for Hauling Big Kids & Cargo: Kid & Cargo Carrier
As Matt Young, Radio Flyer’s Advanced Concepts Director, noted in a recent Flyer™ blog, “A crucial part of our innovative eBike design process included creating an accessory that provides an easy, safe, and comfortable way for parents to travel with their little ones as well as deliver versatility in its .” This was the inspiration for the 2-in-1 Kid & Cargo Carrier.
The Kid & Cargo Carrier has two modes: carry kids or haul cargo. To transition between modes, parents can unzip the sides of the carrier and secure the fabric with clips. Easy connection methods were implemented to save parents time when transitioning between kid and cargo mode (because we all know after-school pick-up is hectic enough!).
This accessory features DuraClean® 2.0 – our highest quality fabric. The fabric was thoughtfully designed be extremely durable and wipe clean. It also helps to protect kids' legs in kid-riding mode. Combined with the safety ring and the wooden running boards on the L885 eBike, passengers ages 5-10 years old will always ride comfortably in the Kid & Cargo Carrier.
As a bonus, the Kid & Cargo Carrier is also compatible with the Thule® Yepp Maxi Seat. If you need to run errands with both your 7 year old and 3 year old, you can mount both of these two accessories to your Flyer™ L885 eBike to ensure a safe way to ride for both ages.
So, when you mount the Kid & Cargo Carrier to your Flyer™ L885 eBike, know that your crew and cargo are safe and secure. Haul backpacks, diaper bags, soccer gear, or your big kids seamlessly with this accessory. Shop the Kid & Cargo Carrier.
- Carry up to two riders or haul cargo
- Sides zip down to easily convert between kid and cargo mode
- Compatible with the Flyer™ L885
- Provides 3562 cubic inches of storage in cargo mode
- Padded foam seat for passenger comfort
- Integrated zipper pouch for additional storage
- Features DuraClean® 2.0, our highest quality fabric, which is extremely durable and easy to clean
- Recommended for kids ages 5 years – 10 years
- Use together with a Thule® Yepp Maxi Seat
- Easily mounts to the rear rack of the Flyer™ L885, mounting hardware included
Compatibility: Flyer™ L885
- Best Accessory for Hauling Toddlers & Young Kids: Thule® Yepp Maxi Seat
The Thule® Yepp Maxi Seat is in it for the long haul: it not only transports kids from 9 months to 6 years old** but can be mounted securely to the Flyer™ M880 or L885.
Families can use this versatile accessory throughout the years as their child grows from toddler to big kid – think of all the adventures in-between! It also can be paired with the Kid & Cargo Carrier accessory for families with older and younger siblings.
This accessory prioritizes the comfort and safety of little ones. Safety features include a shock-absorbing seat, childproof safety buckle, padded 5-point safety harness, and customizable footrests so that kids will enjoy the ride every time.
- Comfortable, shock-absorbing seat
- Maximum child comfort and a safe, custom fit thanks to the adjustable padded 5-point harness
- Childproof safety buckle
- Built-in reflector & safety light attachment point add visibility
- Seat grows with your child thanks to adjustable foot strap and footrests
- Easy to clean and keep dry due to the seat’s water-repellent materials
- Recommended for toddlers and kids ages 9 mos. – 6 years**
- Compatible with all Flyer™ eBikes
- Easily mounts to the rear rack of Flyer™ eBikes
- Use together with a Small Rear Storage Basket, Kid & Cargo Carrier, or an additional Thule® Yepp Maxi Seat on the Flyer™ L885 Electric Cargo Bike
Compatibility: all Flyer™ eBikes
**Always consult a pediatrician before transporting a child younger than 1 year
Ready to fly? Learn more about our eBikes and preorder yours today.