Electric scooters deliver a fun, convenient, sustainable, and relatively low-cost solution to micromobility for urban adults. Want to learn more about electric scooters? Read on below to learn more about eScooters, how to ride them, and the newest model to hit the market, the Flyer™ S533.
What is an eScooter?
Also known as an eScooter or e-scooter, an electric scooter is a type of scooter that is powered by electrical components, like a motor and battery. These components propel the vehicle so that the rider can move without need for human propulsion. Electric scooters have grown in popularity in the micromobility market since the rise of scooter-sharing in cities.
How to Ride an Electric Scooter
Riding an eScooter is as simple and intuitive as it is fun. Check out step-by-step instructions for getting started, riding, and braking. Before you get started learning how to ride your eScooter, find a safe location like an empty parking lot. Always check and follow local guidelines and traffic laws when riding your electric scooter.
1. Stand with your eScooter on a flat, paved surface. When you’re ready to ride, be sure to use your foot to raise the kickstand. Don’t forget to wear your helmet and other safety gear for safe riding. Position yourself in a kick scooter stance with one foot facing forward on the scooter’s deck and the other on the pavement. Hold the handlebars with both hands.
2. To get rolling, you’ll need to push off with your foot. This ensures that the scooter doesn’t propel forward while in a stationary position when the throttle is engaged. Once you kick off, use your right thumb to slowly push down on the throttle. At the same time, rest your second foot on the back of the deck in a riding position that is comfortable for you.
3. Use the throttle to speed up or slow down. The Flyer™ S533 eScooter can travel up to 16 MPH and has 3 speed settings. You can check your speed on the LCD display.
4. Rotate the handlebars to change direction and guide the scooter. Like with the throttle, any motions with the handlebars should be as slow, smooth, and steady as possible.
5. Our eScooter has two braking methods: an electrical brake located on the left handlebar and a mechanical stomp brake on the back wheel. Use either to slow down or stop the scooter. You can reengage the kickstand when you’re done riding so the electric scooter stands on its own.
The Flyer™ S533 Electric Scooter
Lightweight, portable, ergonomically designed for the on-the-go rider: the Flyer™ S533 is a convenient and sustainable transportation solution for urban adults that infuses joy into their scooter ride. Thanks to its slim design and foldable body, you can seamlessly cross the city, hop on public transit, and conquer flights of stairs with your scooter in tow.
This sleekly styled eScooter is available in 3 colors and is integrated with the technology and safety features needed to keep you moving. Travel up to 15.5 miles per charge and enjoy a top speed of 16 MPH. Perfect for commuting, quick trips to your favorite neighborhood spots or weekend joyrides, the Flyer™ S533 takes you where you need to go with efficiency and flair. Getting from A to B has never been this easy or this much fun.
- Travel up to 15.5 miles per charge and enjoy the ride with a top speed of 16 mph.
- The Flyer™ S533 is available in 3 colors: gray, white, and red.Battery life
- The lightweight folding frame is great for compact storage and enhanced portability.
Ready to fly? Learn more about the Flyer™ S533 eScooter and preorder yours today.